Can one more thing be added to May? NO
Can our world go any faster? I HOPE NOT
Can mom keep her composure? NOT SO SURE
I struggle to find balance the last few days. Wondering whether I make a difference in our home when I see us running from one event to the next and then passing out when we get home. I continue to look and see what can be adjusted or cut to let us walk with a purpose verses running around this way and that!
I am not sure I am having any eye opening ideas. So, I am left with learning how to juggle the chaos where we hopefully function with a purpose instead of barely making it to this event or that. I feel like we are never gonna have a family dinner again.
I miss my blogging because I just had a thought...
this is like our "couch time" as a couple. Having so many kids we often don't get regular date nights. Our couch time has let us have the time together EVERY day verses a good 3-4 hour date once a week or once a month.
maybe our family dinners are the same. I need to look for our "connect time" verses looking for our 1 hour dinner each night. Maybe I am having more time with my family than I think.
all that running around shuffling kids from this event to that one has given me some one on one time with them.
- Running the boys to tennis with limited seats in the 2 and maybe 4 seat truck allows for a few conversations here and there.
- Picking up the girls from work or driving one to physical therapy has left for wonderful moments to chat.
- Enjoying my preteen helper as she picks up where mom leaves off with kitchen, laundry, and childcare. We chat as we come and go and are serving together a lot.
- Singing to the toddler each night gives us a moment to relax in each others arms.
- Sitting in the little boys room before they fall asleep gives me a moment with no distractions with my little men.
- Waiting on the teens to come home and watching them eat another meal upon their return. To chat and snack in the kitchen before the finish of the day.
- Sitting on the bed with my partner, husband, and friend. As we rejoice in another day complete and pray for strength in the day to come.
I had the blessings before me and didn't realize the moments I was enjoying. I believe each of these times will be more of a blessing now that I see God has given us precious time together and I want to make the most of those moments while I have them. Whether I am on a date or having "couch time", whether I am having a family meal or having a "connect moment", I am going to look for these opportunities that God has given me and make the most of them!
Take a look at your moments...
what has God given you that you might have missed?
Don't skip this step! Your mom heart might find peace in 'your' world of chaos!