Let's set the scene:
- I need to clean up OR find a place to keep something (family of 10 you can't just leave things out...for pete's sake they can get lost!)
- But I need to be able to find this later (I got this)
- I have a GREAT idea to put it in a safe place (nobody will find it)
- So I put it in THAT great location (making mental note so it won't end up lost for eternity)
- Inevitably, I can NEVER find it! (It just so happens I can't find the things I REALLY want to find! EVER!)
Why do I do this EVERY single time. I even warn myself in thought. "last time you did this it didn't turn out so well." And YET...I can on purpose lose things one more time! HOW? WHY? I can manage a household of 10, I can juggle grocery shopping, hair cuts, schoolwork, playing nurse, read stories, tackle emotional hurdles! I can juggle their schedules and mine, keep track of the husband and things he needs to remember, manage a large oily team, do bible studies manage vendor booths. I can box and unbox a family of 10 in 5 moves and locate most things. I can put up Christmas and remember the following season what was in each box. I know when they are lying, I can tackle the broken-hearted, love on the defeated, I can feed the masses and yet...for the life of me...I can't locate the one paper I always put in a safe place on purpose. I can't blame old age because I do this EVERY time for years! Even my kids say, "WHAT? You put it in a safe place? You know that never goes well!" Now you tell me!
So next time, NO SAFE PLACES!