Hopefully in my disarray, unorganized mess, and slow start this will bring comfort to the masses. Please tell me I am NOT the only one flying by the seat of my pants!
In 15 years of homeschooling this will be, by far, my most unorganized year EVER.
I typically like to plan every detail, every subject, every chore, every activity, and I mean everything. I deep clean every closet, cabinet, and shelf. Considering organization is not my natural ability I usually do pretty well, ...Day 1 of school! But NOT this year!
In reality, my house isn't as messy as 'I feel' it is, I'm not as disorganized as 'I think' I am, nor are we as behind like 'I assume' we are.
Having gone through financial pressures, a body that would go on strike on a regular basis, to parents moving in, the ever changing stages of having a little one in your home, and throw in teen hormones, childhood drama...we are hanging in there. Yep, I would say we are in the midst of life, how about you?
- Don't look to me for that perfect homeschool family, YOU will not find it.
- Don't look to me for a mom who can have well balanced meals each night and a clean house, YOU will not find it.
- Don't look to me for a wife who gives her husband back massages and ironed clothes, YOU will not find it.
- Don't look to me as a woman who can juggle the chaos with perfect attitude in every situation, YOU will not find it.
- I do hope you can see a woman who will walk in grace as she juggles 8 kids that depend on her for their education and guidance.
- I do hope you see a mom who will provide a meal (not always ideal, but they do get to eat) with a calm attitude most days.
- I do hope you see a wife who will give respect and love to a man she adores even on those tired exhausting days.
- I do hope you see a woman who cannot do all that is required but a woman that relies upon the Lord to fill in her gaps!
Thank you Lord for loving me in spite of my issues, not quiting on me when I fall apart, and not throwing me aside when I don't have my act together!
Thank you Lord that there can be beauty EVEN in our mess!