I have been thinking for awhile now how to share our love story. As I have thought about it I am discovering this love story started long before I met my husband. The older I get the more I realize life is a series of choices and each of those decisions affects another.
This story started long before I even understood or realized what love was all about. I am so very grateful for parents that walked these roads with my sister and I over the years. (They didn't leave it up to chance for us to figure our nor did they leave it up to our friends to fill in the blanks for us.) Knowing now they probably didn't know a lot either but they were learning truths they had never heard before and were eager to share with their children and learn them with us.
Growing up my wise parents let us be little girls before we entered the stage of boys. They never really talked about boyfriends or who we liked. They assumed we enjoyed everyone as a playmate. And we did!
When I was around 13 or 14 my parents attended a Basic Youth Conflicts Seminar and told my sister and I that we would have to attend this conference before we would ever be allowed to date. Long story short, this was the beginning of me learning and choosing a path that I would follow through my teen and college years.
What did I learn in my early teens?
- I learned that I better decide what I want prior to getting into a situation.
- I learned about the consequences that could follow depending on the path I took.
- I dug into God's word and discovered how He has some boundaries that if we live within we will reap some fabulous blessings!
- I learned that my choices make a difference in my future.
- I learned even bad choices come with unbelievable forgiveness but sometimes the consequences will stay with you.
- I learned that it is best to look at the path ahead while the waters are calm before I reach the rapids!
Where did this story begin?
A Valentine's Day Banquet in 1987...He was 18 and I was 21. This wasn't what I thought it would be, a story in the making. I thought I was just going to a banquet with a nice guy. I wanted to be married and he was still in High School. It just shows you that sometimes God has a plan we don't see.
If you think our story is simple, think again.
If you think following Gods way is always easy, think again.
If you want to hear more of our story about one man, one woman, and 9 children later, stay tuned!